You are probably already aware of the risks that come with owning a business. Perhaps you even have an emergency fund stowed away. However, some risks like theft, intrusion, or disputes are better to protect against, than trying to repair the damages after-the-fact.
That is one of the main purposes of security systems– to be preventative. Of course, if something does happen, it can also provide you, your business, and your employee’s safety. But being prepared beforehand for any circumstance is always in the best interest of a business.
Staying secure as a business means more than throwing up a couple of security cameras and calling it good. You need to consider all aspects of your business and its assets when considering security. Optimal security is really only achieved by integrative security systems that fit each business’s unique requirements.
What is an integrated system, exactly? Well, here are some of the basics:
What is an Integrated Security System?
Integrated security systems are a type of multi-layered system that uses different components and rolls them into one simple solution. They are the best choice for any sized business because they are customizable, offer the best in optimization, and ensure all your bases are covered.
At SEi, an integrated security system can include some or all of the following:
Most businesses will come in with an idea of what they want, like an alarm, and realize that there are other solutions that provide more or better security than an alarm alone, such as surveillance cameras and access control.
Integrated systems are beneficial because they communicate and work together. For example, when you combine video surveillance with access control, you can match the time stamp from the access control with the video.
Having systems integrated removes the need to search through hours of video footage to locate the exact date and time someone accessed a room. It could save you precious time when time is not on your side– like after a burglary or if someone gets injured.
It also simplifies monitoring and reporting while increasing security. In fact, it has a number of benefits for any type of business.
Advantages of an Integrated Security System
- Centralize business security operations, increasing efficiency, and reducing the number of people who have to manage your security.
- Deter theft, loitering, and vandalism with an obvious security system. Around 83% of convicted burglars determine if there is an alarm system present before they attempt a burglary. Having cameras and sensors can deter threats from the start.
- Monitor in real-time with a click of a button on your phone, tablet or computer. You can instantly see what is going on in your facility, whether it’s the other side of the building or you’re on the other side of the country.
- Resolve any potential conflicts that could arise in a workplace, whether it be internal/external burglary, attempted break-ins or any other type of security threat.
- Save money by protecting items from being stolen or damaged. In addition, you can often receive a reduced rate on business insurance from providers when you have a security system.
How to Get a Customized Integrated Security System
If you’re not sure what’s right for you, contact Security Equipment Inc. today. We are happy to answer any questions you may have and find an integrated security solution that fits your business’s specialized needs.